- Website: http://stonewalljapan.org/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stonewalljapan/
- The Kyushu/Okinawa block mailing list has event info (mainly in Fukuoka and Kumamoto).
- LGBTQ+ PoC in Japan Facebook page
The Fukuoka Rainbow Parade has been held every year since November 2014. It’s low-key and friendly and a lot of fun! The website is mostly in Japanese, but there is some English.
- Bar Liberty (Nagasaki City)
- Gay men’s bar. Bartender is nice, and there may be few foreigners.
- Ban Ban (Nagasaki City)
- Gay men’s bar. Slightly older crowd.
- Bar Gugu (Nagasaki City)
- Gay men’s bar. Welcoming. Slightly older crowd.
- @home (Fukuoka)
- Women-only bar. It’s small but quite nice.
- LOL101 (Fukuoka)
- For women. Usually packed during the weekends, but has a youthful crowd.
- Luv-dancin’ (Fukuoka)
- Women-only club events around Fukuoka
- Similar to and connected with Luv-dancin’.
- Join the CRUSH LINE group for updates.
- Cindy’s Getaway (Sasebo)
- Owned by a lesbian, lgbtq+ friendy bar in Sasebo
- Crowd is usually a lot of U.S. navy people
- Has a pride event every summer
- 9-10 Tokiwacho, Sasebo, Nagasaki 857-0053
Gay community centre
- Mainly aimed at men, focus on HIV awareness and prevention.
- Spindle Twitter-like social network app used by women and some trans men.
- Jack’d For men. Popular in Japan, most local profiles will be in Japanese.
- 9Monsters For men. Popular in Japan, mostly in Japanese. Has a game aspect.
- Grindr & Tinder are used too.
- HER For women. Used more frequently in big cities.
Mental health resources
Here are some websites about LGBTQ specific mental health resources. For general mental health resources, click here.